Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Nabi Magnetics Swatch and Review

The other day I was checking out SoGuessWhat's review on an image plate, and ran across her video for Nabi magnetics. I've never seen them in my area but I was intrigued due to all of the positive reviews. After watching her video I quickly ordered 3 from Ebay. Apparently the Nabi's come in a plethora of colors but I narrowed it down to Navy, Wine and Lilac.

Today I'm showing Wine. I'm not a huge fan of red but Wine is beautiful! I like that the polish doesn't have a magnetic/foil finish but it appears to be more of a creme with black lines. It's pretty fancy but not flashy. I used 2 coats to apply. This polish doesn't seem to like thicker coats, they tend to blur the design.

A negative is that the polish stained my topcoat. It may be avoidable with a thicker topcoat. I used Wet N' Wild clear which is extremely thin, followed by a layer of Poshe. Then I added stickers from Viva La Nails.

As you can see the magnet didn't cover my nails completely. I have very curved nails, so I think this is pretty decent coverage.

Overall I'm happy with my new Nabi's. It applied similarly to other magnetics with the exception of needing a regular coat instead of a thicker coat. My recommendations are to use a cheapy topcoat because it will probably stain and a good basecoat. I also noticed my bottle is about 10% gone now, so you may want to consider that if you find a color you love.

Nabi Magnetics have been popping up sporadically at Walgreens and retails for $4.99-$5.99. I purchased 3 from Ebay for about $12.50 with free shipping.





28 comments:

  1. I was so excited when I found Nabi magnetics at an indoor swapmeet where I buy my Kleancolor polishes. They were 3 for $5!! I bought 9. I cannot say enough about how impressed I am with the quality of these polishes. I own 1 Layla magnetic and I would say that these are equal in quality. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3 for $5, that's a heck of a deal!!! I have a few Layla's also and the Nabi applied the same. I'm pretty happy with so far.

      Delete
  2. You know, normally I do NOT care for magnetic polish BUT this mani is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the look is not for everyone but I think this can be pulled off in an office environment. It's not flashy at all. I think the dark color makes it look more elegant.

      Delete
  3. I'm not ashamed to admit I have 10 of these Nabi Magnetics! I have the same issue you do with the magnet as it doesn't wrap around my curved nails BUT I love every single one of the ones I have!!!!! For some reason I don't have this wine colored one though lol! I need to head to Walgreen's and snag it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, if they sold them in my area I'm sure I would have a drawer full. Haven't ran across them yet though. I'm gonna order another 3-pack from Ebay.

      Delete
  4. Really nice! I like how they are so different from regular magnetics...such a great look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen so many color options before. There's got to be one color that will work for anyone.

      Delete
  5. I'm not really a fan of red either, but this one definitely looks good. I may have to see if I can grab some *crosses fingers for intl shipping*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ash-Lilly. I'm not sure about International shipping. I hope they'll ship for you!

      Delete
  6. The sticker give to the manicure a very elegant look. love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LBC. I thought it needed a little something extra since it didn't cover my full nail.

      Delete
  7. This is so pretty, right now I'm wearing the purple magnetic from Nabi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolina. I want to get another set of 3. I'm gonna go back and watch the video and check out the purple one.

      Delete
  8. I've been watching the Nabi auction on eBay, but haven't pulled the trigger yet....I think this swatch of Wine just pushed me over the edge. WOW, it's so pretty, I must have it! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. If you decide to get it remember it can stain your topcoat! I used a cheapy 99cents one so I wasn't too angry. Just a FYI.

      Delete
  9. Have you got any more swatched for this brand, or can you recommend any other magnetic colours by this brand? I wanted to order some but am in the UK so need to order a minimum of 6.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet. There is a link to a video above which displays about 15 colors. I choose wine and navy because I thought they were unique magnetic colors, or at least, I've never seen them before. I'm also interested in the pink/gold one but I didn't think it would contrast well against my skin. If you have time maybe you can watch the video it gives a great review on many colors.

      Delete
  10. Like you said, I also love that this isn't metallic! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love this! And it looks beautiful on your skin tone!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those nails are pretty! I love your blog! I am now following!

    Take a look at mine too - http://kassandragold.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I got a nails inc magnetic and hated it, I prefer detail in my nail art, but this looks so nice in the red!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I luv it! And I have the same problem with the magnet as my nails are curved too. Wonder if I can find them in Puerto Rico?

    ReplyDelete
  15. very interesting! And the color is so beautiful ♥

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails