Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

NOTD Broadway Nail Dress Stickers

I wanted to share my nail "stickers" of the day by Broadway Nails. I picked these bad girls up from Walgreens for about $5.50. This design reminds me of Sally Hansen Flower Power nail strips, but they are more vibrant and less pixelated. Like the Salon Effects they are super easy to apply, but you get 28 stickers instead of 16, so you can make a few more mistakes.

I really like this design but they are not as sturdy as the Sally Hansen nail strips. I placed them over a base coat and then added a topcoat to help the mani last a little longer. This is the end of day 1 and they are holding up okay, but I'm starting to see them lift near the base of the nail. I planned on doing a wear test but I'm getting antsy about painting my nails. I'll probably change them tomorrow.


27 comments:

  1. i like this design wayy better than the sally hansen one.. but SH does win due to staying power!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pity they're already lifting, they're super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wah, so pretty! But if I tried these, I'd probably fail at application. :3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they're very pretty !
    Xx. S

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooo cool! I don't know why but I think of Katty Perry when I saw this mani. :) This is so like her. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, they are SO COOL!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks ladies =D

    @Ivana. I think these inspired Broadway & SH's designs. They look very similar when I compare the two.

    @Amanda. I agree the SH's have a stronger grip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. these look amazing! i wish they were available in the uk! i know what you mean, i can barely manage to keep my manicure for a day, never mind a whole week!!
    Ive nominated you for a versatile blogger award :)
    i love your blog!
    http://emilysnailfiles.blogspot.com/2011/03/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very neatly applied! I've seen these at the store but haven't bought any so far.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow those definitely look so fun! I wish I could get them here, I love that the designs are so colourful and precise, there's no way I could ever paint that on my nails, so that's pretty amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This design sure is prettier! But considering the wear, I'll stick to SH.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Cheryl. That's one of the reasons I got this design. I wanted something complex that I couldn't recreate myself.

    @KarenD. There's not a Rite Aid in my area so I was happy they made it to Walgreens.

    @LemonyEmily. You made me laugh. I want to try Minx but I know they won't last a full week on my nails. Thanks for the award!

    ReplyDelete
  13. They look really good on you. I have yet to buy a set just to try :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I definitely like this floral design better than the grainy Sally Hansen floral!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable! What if you have smaller or larger nail beds though? How hard is it to get them to size if your nail is smaller than the sticker?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty cute...I think I prefer SH's pixelated version though

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails