Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

The Color Lilac

Last week I picked up one of the new Finger Paints. I thought I wanted the orange shimmer but when I saw them in person Aren't You Glad-iolous followed me home. I'm not sure what the name is supposed to mean but I laughed a little when I read it. Usually my new polishes sit in storage for awhile but I was anxious to give it a try. It's a thick and gorgeous blueberry-lilac cream.

To my surprise it went on with one coat and dried in about 15 minutes. This is the first time I haven't used a quick dry in months! I topped it off with Essie Matte About You and stamped with one of the old school Sally Hansen chrome polishes, Royal Purple Chrome.


Here she is au naturel. Just lovely!


22 comments:

  1. This one is quite pretty...reminds me of Easter eggs. I can't believe it's a one coater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a pretty lilac it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I really like stamping with a darker version of the base color~

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks amazing with your skintone! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This color is really awesome on you. I didn't find it that gorgeous when I saw it at the store. I think I'm going to have to re-think that decision. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't resist this one either. Looks lovely on you and I'm loving the mattified and stamped look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's a flower called a gladiola, so I'm guessing that's what they're referring to. I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous color and one coater is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I picked this one up this past weekend. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty shade :) I love the stamping, it's so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this one. Purple is my favorite color, so this one is definitely awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks so much sweet ladies :)

    @Cherish. Purple is one of my favs also. I really need to do more purple manis.

    @Trincess. Thank you (blush)

    @Tamara. That's what I was thinking.

    @Zara. I've never heard of it before but I just googled it. Very pretty.

    @ABOP. I can't wait to see what you do with it.

    @Kimberly. I already had colors similar to the rest of the collection and I'm supposed to be on a low-buy. I might go back and get Carnation Creation though. The swatches are so pretty.

    Thanks again ladies. I hope you all are having a great Saturday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a beautiful spring color!! I love the little flower rings that come on the bottle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the color on you! very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty lilac shade. Love the stamp.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails