Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Foil Explosion !!!

Today I want to share a couple of different looks with you. I had extra time to play with my nails and I've been wanting to try out the rest of my foils. I know many of you find foils difficult to work with, so I tried out the non-metallic foils which are a lot easier to apply. All of the foils were purchased by me from Dollar Nail Art.

The first look is called White Marble. I used WnW white as a base to achieve this elegant look. Love, love, love!!!
Fifth Avenue is a blue/grey foil with a slight shimmer. I must admit I tried this one out because of the name.

Smokey silver is just that, hot and sizzling!!! It is a metallic foil but its not as bright as the holographic foils. There is no rainbow effect, which I like. I found it while looking for a non-holographic gold for my teacher. Well I didn't find a bland gold but I discovered this hot silver! Very minx like, don't you think?



That's all for today. Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!!!


26 comments:

  1. These are neat! I especially love the marble one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty! it really caught my eye haha ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks ladies =)

    JQ the marble and silver are my favs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am always amazed when u put nail foil in ur nails... it has a very perfect finish so smooth.. would u care to share ur tips on putting nail foils?

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks so much Thriszha. my biggest tip is to allow the glue to dry completely (2-3min), then rub while holding the foil in place, until all of it is transferred to the nail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these! I totally want to try foils now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love love...(I can go on) the marble and the metallic...I want these :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the fisrt foil, it is very beautiful !! I am impressed by your thecnical to put foil !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. http://ojedelisi.blogspot.com/2010/10/giveaway-winner.html

    Congratulations! Please contact with me for your address :)

    ojedelisi@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all of these. I think I really need to get my hands on some foils to try. They look awesome

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oje Delisi I'm so excited I can't believe I won. I emailed you!!!!


    Thanks Twister :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much ladies for your sweet comments! Have a great week :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on winning Oje Delisi's giveaway! Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just tried my first foil today.... your nails look great compared to mine >.<

    ReplyDelete
  15. JQ. thanks so much. i never win anything. i'm super excited!!!

    Mistress Zombie. keep working at it. i had to practice to figure it out. remember to use a base color similar to the foil color.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow all of them look amazing! I think I like the third one best, they really look like minx. And may I say, you are so good at handling foils. My attempts so far have all failed :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your manis. The foil one is awesome.
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like it

    ı am your blog new follower

    my blog
    www.hayallergercekolsa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. The first foil, white marble is gorgeous!
    My favourite one is the rose foil in your earlier posts c:

    ReplyDelete
  20. The marble one is especially great! I have really got to try foils one day.

    ReplyDelete
  21. YouKnow, thanks for following me!!!

    Cel, you'll get it soon. It took me a while to get the hang of it.

    AnnKlin's, I really like the roses too, probably because it reminds me of DH :)

    KarenD, I'll be giving away foils again very soon because I know they are so hard to find/order.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You know you're very unique, in that, you're the only nail blog that does foils to my knowledge. Gon' girl - I ♥ IT!

    Speaking of blogs, I started one up a few months ago and would love for you to take a look-see. And see you around :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails