Pages

Sunday, August 11, 2013

OPI Fall 2013 San Francisco Collection - Swatches and Review



Check out the video to see these polishes in action.




Dining Al Frisco - Dark baby blue, medium thickness, 2 coats. 

A-Piers To Be Tan - Brownish-tan creme. Good to go with only 1 coat, but I used a second coat to seal the deal.  I didn't like it when I first applied, but it's growing on me. 

Haven't The Foggiest - Gun-metal foil, 2 coater. Nice thick formula without being goopy.

Peace & Love & OPI - Slight duo-chrome that shifts from purple to grey/green. I couldn't capture when I was taking pictures but when I went into the other room it turned green.  Thin, somewhat streak formula though. I used 2 coats. 

Keepinig Suzi at Bay - Bright blue creme, a shade darker than my picture. I used 2 coats. 

Incognito in Sausolita - Midnight blue, very nice. Almost black indoors. I used 2 coats. 

First Date At the Golden Gate - Warm red, an almost brick colored creme. Thin formula but I still got away with 2 coats. 

Lost on Lombard - The sister to First Date, about 2-3 shades darker. I think I prefer it over First Date. I used 2 coats. again. 

In the Cable Car - Pool Lane - beautiful purple creme. Slightly thin formula so application was a little messy. Still nice though. I used 2 coats but it really needs 3 to be opaque. 

Embarca-Dare Ya! - Fuchsia pink shimmer.Pretty but I feel like I've seen her before. Another 2 coater. 

I Knead Sour-Dough - Unique color that think I'm falling for. Not quite brown, purple or pink. Almost a brownish mauve color. I needed 3 coats to get it right. 

MuirMuir on The Wall - Burgundy shimmer, just lovely. One of my favorites from the collection. I used 3 coats. 


For the most part, the polishes all applied well. The formula was nice, but there were a couple with thin formulas, mentioned above, which had a more difficult application. 

I'm not sure how I feel about this collection, I love a good creme but I feel like I need some shimmer or glitter in my life right now. Maybe I'm just not ready for the Fall and these will grow on my by then. There just seems to be so many colors in the red/pink/purple family, they just all blend together to me. There are some standouts in the collection though. My favorites are Muir Muir On The Wall, I Knead Sour-Dough, A-Piers To Be Tan and Lost on Lombard. 

                    The San Francisco Collection is available now at fine retailers that carry OPI. 






~Provided by PR for an honest Review~










3 comments:

  1. Nice shots. Yours is one of the few blogs I can see polishes on ethnic skin. I'm on the fence about Apears to be tan. I purchased Embarca-Dare Ya, but like you I'd like to get Muir Muir and I Knead Sour dough as I'm on the hunt for unique colors.
    By the way, do you have a favorite blue polish? I have Unforgretably Blue, but I'd like a nice creme..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was on the fence too, but the more I looked at it the more I liked it. I'll have to try it on my new long-er nails.

      Lately, I've been loving L'Oreal Miss Pixie. It's a jelly though. One of my favorite blue cremes is Nails Inc. Baker Street.

      Delete
  2. woow! The colours are beautiful! Nice swatches!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails