Pages

Monday, July 28, 2014

Milani Color Statement Collection - Summer Fall 2014



 I found the new Milani's at my local CVS hidden on a bottom shelf. Well not exact "hidden" but I could have easily passed them up. The polishes sport the new bottle shape, similar to Nails Inc but slightly larger. There were 12 polishes in the display: a couple of glitters, shimmers, cremes and 1 quick dry top coat.  I selected 4 colors along with the quick dry top coat.




Tattle Teal
Gorgeous teal creme. I really love this color but I could have done without the formula. The polish was so thick and difficult to work with. I used 2 coats but probably could have gotten away with one.

Ultra Violet
Pretty in purple base with pink/gold shimmer. I liked the formula on this one because it was a lot thicker than I expected. The shimmer on the nail is not as obvious as the bottle but it's still pretty. I used 2 coats.  

Gilded Rocks
Micro gold glitter with medium pink and gold hex glitter. Stunning combination that reminds me of Sally Hansen Big Money but with larger glitter. I really love this combination but I also had trouble with this formula. The polish seemed to dry as soon as I applied it, so there was a lot of pulling and tugging involved. Still gorgeous and would be great for a night out on the town. I used 2 coats again.

Blue Print
Last but definitely not least is Blue Print. A vibrant blue with a hint of purple that is extremely close to Nails Inc Baker Street. Now I didn't swatch the two, but in the bottle, they look like dupes. It may be a coincidence but I believe this color was inspired by Baker Street. Beyonce Baker Street and Jay-Z Blue Print is a really big coincidence. Either way, the color is gorgeous and definitely worth checking out if you don't own Baker Street. The only down side is the thick formula that applied in 2 coats.  

I really like my choices from the new collection.  The colors are beautiful just a little on the thick side.  I passed up on the pink, coral and red because I wanted to select more fall-friendly colors.  Overall I'm happy with my selections and would buy them again. 

The Milani Color Statement Collection can be found at CVS and  retails for $4.99 per bottle. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails