Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

China Glaze Holiday Season Joy Collection 2012 - Swatches and Review



Happy Monday! Today I have the China Glaze Holiday Collection to share with you. So without further delay, here are the swatches. 


Glitter All The Way
By far my favorite from the collection. A mix of multiple colors and various sizes of glitter. Very pretty for the Holiday but it reminds me of Mardis Gras. I used 3 thin coats. 


A closer view. 


Winter Holly
Emerald green glitter with micro gold glitter accents. I used 2 coats. 


Angel Wings
I was less impressed with the next 3 glitters coming up (Angel Wings, Glistening Snow and Champange Kisses). They all had the same feel but different colors (gold, silver and champagne).  I used 2 coats of Angel Wings, a golden holographic glitter in a gold base.  


Glistening Snow
The silver version of Angel Wings. My least favorite of the 3. I used 2 coats. 


Champagne Kisses
This was my favorite of the 3. I'm not sure if its because it suits my skin tone the best, but I like it. I used 2 coats. 


Pure Joy
Red and gold microglitter with medium gold glitter throughout a clear base. Easy application. I used 1 layer over Cranberry Splash. 


Pizzazz
Another favorite from the collection. A combination of pink, silver, yellow, blue and green glitter. I used 1 coat over Blue Bells Ring.  


Blue Bells Ring
I really love this icy blue. The silver in the base makes it look much lighter in the bottle, but it applies a shade or two darker. Extremely pretty! The application was also flawless. I used 1 coat. 


Merry Berry
My favorite from the collection of reds but probably an easy dupe. I used 3 coats. 


Cranberry Splash
My camera couldn't capture the foil highlights in this polish. Much prettier in person. I used 2 coats. 


Red Satin
I kept thinking Red Satan instead of Satin, LOL. Three thin watery coats with a little visible nail line.  Described as a pure red creme and I agree. 


With Love
Bright orange-red creme with a great application. I used 2 coats. 


Overall I think there's a little something for everyone in this collection.  I really like the glitters but I could have done without so many red polishes. Most of the collection applied smoothly and needed only 2 coats.  The holographic glitters dried matte but the shine was easily renewed with a top quick coat.  My favorites from the collection are Glitter All The Way, Winter Holly, Blue Bells Ring and Pizzazz.





14 comments:

  1. Haven't seen this collection yet. I'm liking the glitters :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really love glitters! Are so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE glitter all the way! Such a beautiful bright mix of glitters! I'm so jealous of your collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it gorgeous. Don't be jealous, I'm trying to get rid of polishes now, LOL.

      Delete
  4. I only picked up 2 of the glitters, Pizzazz and Glitter All the Way from this collection. The others didn't seem unique enough to add to my collection. Blue Bells Ring is a pretty blue, it really seems like Frostbite's slightly lighter cousin to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. The glitters looked so pretty in pics that I couldn't decide on which ones to get, so I splurged and got them all.

      Delete
  5. I only have Glitter All The Way & I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was gonna write 2 or 3 that I like but I love them all!

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make most of the polishes sound very drab. I'm not really looking forward to this collection. The only three I liked where glistening snow...Wow! Angel wings and glitter all the way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Going to have to look at these carefully and then go back to Sally's and take another look. I left them all there on my first passing thinking there was nothing special that I needed. I came home with some Scotch tape swatches of a few. The green glitter on my swatch was kind of calling to me. But now thinking I might like a couple of the others, like maybe Pizzaz if I can get it to lay flat and not too gritty with some Gelous on top of it. Glitter All The Way looks like a ton of other confetti colored glitters I have and have seen - kind of a take on Mad As A Hatter which no one seems to be able to dupe in all it's wonderfulness - but maybe I need to do a side by side with Pizzaz.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails