Tuesday, January 31, 2012

OPI Nikki Minaj Collection Swatches and Review


Today I have the OPI Nikki Minaj Collection to share with you. I was excited to hear about the collection since I'm a Nikki Minaj fan. She has a unique fashion style that was captured in many of the polishes.


Pink Friday - soft Barbie or should I say Nikki pink. I wasn't sure how I would feel about this one because I have so many pinks but it's really pretty on. I needed two coats to make it opaque.

Did It On 'Em. Lime green creme. The formula was a lot thinner than Pink Friday and I needed 3 coats to make it opaque.

Fly. Blue creme with a hint of green. I really love this one. The color reminds me of Nikki Minaj's blue eye shadow that she wears often. I used two coats.

Metallic 4 Life. Silver hex glitter (small, medium and large) in a black jelly base. The silver really pops against the black. I used 2 coats.

Super Bass. Purple shatter with pink shimmer throughout that my camera didn't capture. It crackled quite well using one medium coat. Like most crackles it dried matte but glossed with a top coat.

Save Me
- A little party in a bottle. I really like this combo of silver, gold and teal glitter. I wasn't sure if it would contrast well with the blue/teal but it's really beautiful.

Save Me over Super Bass - I tried a little glitter over shatter for fun.

And there you have it! I think this collection is a fun reflection of Nikki Minaj's unique fashion sense. My favorites from the collection are Save Me, Fly and Metallic 4 Life. The collection is currently available at ULTA, JcPenney's and other fine retailers that carry OPI.





~ Provided to me for review~

8 comments:

  1. Glad U back! Missed reading ur blog! Wow! the whole collection looks amazing and spring-ish, especially Metallic 4 Life is sooooo damn perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're such fun colours, def a match for Nicki's style and personality!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first color is so beautiful!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was iffy about this collection, but of course you know the NF in me wouldn't let me pass on it. But when they came in the mail I was SUPER happy with them! Your swatches do them so much justice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very good post! love the collection

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're making me wanna go out and spend some money!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails